Standing Chair Position: Mr Keagan Lee
The CSS is pleased to announce, effective immediately, that Mr Lee will be assuming the duties of said position. Keagan Lee is a first year student in the Space Engineering Program at York University. He grew up in St. Thomas Ontario and graduated from Central Elgin Collegiate Institute with honors. He spent 6 years with 741 Royal Canadian Air Cadet Squadron where he was part of the Drill Team and Flag Party and attained the rank of Warrant Officer Second Class.
Chair, Planetary Exploration
- reach out and encourage chapter-level reps
- seek and share session content via: website, twitter, FB, LI, CSS Forum
- Seek and maintain contact with session experts in CSS and in other orgs
- assist Summit program chair for soliciting Summit session chair, presenters, papers and posters
- review or pass for review submitted articles within session
- look for and suggest opportunities to establish session-related events at national, chapter levels or with Partners and Media
- assist Membership with identifying/supporting membership incentive submissions
- commit to the role for at least 6 months
- identify another individual as back-up
*** Report to: VP, CSS
*** Members acting in this capacity are granted complimentary CSS membership while so employed
Bring your Space Game Face!
Join the Canadian Space Society (Winnipeg Chapter) for night of “space” board games! Prizes will be awarded, but the real reward will be FUN!
Tickets are $10 which covers gaming fees. ***ONLY 25 SPOTS AVAILABLE***
Food and drinks are available for purchase.
When: May 14th from 6-8pm
Where: Across the Board Game Café, 93 Albert St, Winnipeg.
We will be looking to renew the executive committee which is composed of five executives. Once the executives have been elected, they will nominate a Chair, Treasurer and Secretary (which are mandated positions under CSS Chapter Bylaws). If you would like to run for election, please follow the process described below:
2. Elections - If there are only 5 cnadidates, we will appoint them on April 12, 2015. Note, if there are more than 5 candidates, we will hold a vote on April 12, 2015 at our Yuri’s Night Event.
Good luck to all the members of our Space Community who wish to run for an executive position!
Winnipeg - As most of us know, it often can be much easier to teach or learn something when it is fun - remember all those Barney songs (might have dated myself a bit there!)? Of course, it is also true for space stuff, although one might also argue that space is pretty much interesting/cool/sick no matter how you look at it. The CSS Winnipeg group was pleased and excited to partner with the Royal Aviation Museum of Western Canada (formerly the Western Canada Aviation Museum) to provide some on-site workshops across various fields of interest.
*** CSS Astronomy Chair and CSS Toronto Co-Chair Dr Damya Souami to present***
The CSS is pleased to pass on the stand-up of the Students For the Exploration and Development of Space Canada (SEDS Canada). The group will be hosting an inaugural meeting on 14 March. Details and registration for the event can be found here: Ascension
Looking forward to seeing exciting discussion and activities from this new Partner!